Contract Attorney Resume
A contract attorney does the similar tasks as of the general attorney working for an organization or client, except for the fact that he/she is contracted for a stipulated time limit against a case or calendar time period. Contract attorney resume should exhibit the attorney's skills and competencies that prove one's zeal to work at such a position with dedication and conviction. It is important to highlight the achievements, relevant experiences and qualifications required for the job opportunity. However, even if one is a fresher and willing to pursue a career as a contract attorney, this resume sample will help the resume look appealing to the recruiter. A contract attorney may practice or assist attorneys in any field depending upon the interest or previous exposure of a specific section of law.
#77 Sweeny Street. San Francisco. CA 78956. 789-452-6688. email@example.com
Job Objective: Seeking a promising position and field of interest in a law firm that enhances my law field experiences and law skills to foster as an attorney, at the same time providing the organization the optimum benefit of the knowledge base and experience.
- Juris Doctorate of Law from University of California, San Francisco Law School, specialization in Corporate Laws.
- Bar admission in California Bar Association, 19XX
- Certified to practice law in the Federal District Court and Virginia
- Diverse experience of 9 years in various fields of law with some significant achievements
- Significant number of cases handled as a sole prosecutor for individuals as well as organizational clients.
- Outstanding linguistic and comprehension skills
- Proficient experience to prepare pre-trial documentations and research work
- Imparting legal advice to the clients on matters constrained to family laws, contract laws, commercial transaction laws and regulatory laws.
- Examination of legal documents for verification, background checks, or any such legal compliance.
- Coordinate between the clients and the legal authorities
- Won favorable result for clients with some crucial and difficult cases such as Arnold Vs Reynolds.
- Adequate computer literacy for the profile
Xansa Law Associates, Santa Cruz, CA
January 20XX to June 20XX, Contract Attorney [As per weekly 60 hours of working]
- Carried research work for the assigned cases
- Reviewed legal documents
- Prepared pre trial proceedings, documentation, pleadings, opposition points and motions
- Litigation analysis done for the case
Stanley Associates, West Virginia, WV
June 19XX to December 19XX, Contract Attorney
- Worked for a government case, and observed the case trial proceedings, drafted case motions, arguments, and pleadings.
- Interviewed witnesses and prepared legal documentation required for the case
Smith Legal Agency, Michigan, MI
March 19XX to May 19XX, Contract Attorney
- Conducted negotiations, reviewed the documentation and drafted the agreements with the third parties.
- Masters in Legal Management, Commercial Transactions, 19XX, University of San Francisco, School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, 19XX, University of Chicago, Law School, Major in English
- Awarded scholarship on merit for Masters
- Donald Best thesis award for the thesis 'Commercial Transaction and World ', written in Masters.
- Member, Chicago Bar, 20XX till date
- Member, Bay Legal Association, 19XX till date
- Law advisor, Law School of California, 19XX till date
Marital Status: Single
Date of Birth: 07/04/19XX
Languages: English, French
Hobbies: Adventurous activities
Contract attorneys are like other attorneys, who are certified to practice law and admitted to bar council. The contract attorneys work for a firm or government organization for a specific case or for specific time limit. Contract attorney resume should highlight qualities and experience of the individual to achieve the open job position. Just like other resumes, it also should be professional and formal document speaking on your behalf about your qualities. Feel free to customize this sample resume as per your requirements.